Early Intervention Speech Therapy
Your child’s ability to communicate is a precious part of development. From the time they’re born, speech therapy for your children focuses on finding and treating any language disorders or delays, which hinder their ability to vocally and physically express themselves or understand language and communicate. The Center for Parent Information and Resources provides more clarification on what Early Intervention is.
The Goal Of Speech Therapy For You Child
The primary mission for speech therapy is to improve your child’s quality of life by:
- Enhancing your child’s ability to effectively communicate to others.
- Enhancing your child’s ability to understand language.
- Improving your child’s feeding skills in everyday environments.
Our experienced Speech-Language Pathologists are there for your child every step of the way to successful development. We work with your child to treat and improve these skills where it is necessary:
Communication Skills / Ability To Speak
Your child’s ability to articulate words, fluency, and the resonance of his or her voice.
You child’s ability to use receptive language to comprehend and expressive language to express his or her wants/needs as well as vocabulary development.
- Nonverbal Communication
Gestures, eye contact, and other forms of expression; alternative communication such as pictures, sign language, assistive technology.
- Cognitive Communication Skills
Your child’s ability to pay attention, concentrate, memorize, interpret, and process information. This also includes his or her problem solving skills.
Your Child’s Feeding Skills
- Eating/Swallowing Properly
Your child’s oral motor skills and ability to drink, chew, and swallow.
How Our Early Intervention Speech Pathologists Help
Regardless of the speech-related challenge that your child faces, we are there to help him or her develop their speech/language and feeding skills. To help alleviate as much of your concerns as possible, be aware that:
- Your child’s Speech Pathologist is licensed, experienced, and compassionate. We make sure that the person interacting with your child is both skilled and caring to ensure helpful therapy.
- There’s no stress or running around with Right Start. Your child’s therapist will always come to your chosen place or setting for speech therapy.
- No therapy will work without first building a personal relationship with you and your child. That’s exactly what we do at Right Start.
- Your child’s speech therapist is someone that you trust to help your child to understand language and speak with meaning. We address concerns, provide support and guidance, as well as use our professional experience to create real progress.
Here is a list of resources that provide more information about the specific developmental paths and milestones for your child’s speech and language skills:
Our Service Areas
We offer our Early Intervention Speech Therapy services in multiple counties across Pennsylvania including: Berks County, Montgomery County, Lebanon County, Schuylkill County, Lehigh County, Chester County.
We are available to answer all of your questions and give you the reassurance that you need. Right Start is available to provide our services to your child – in your home, daycare, or community – at no cost.